REGISTER HERE to be a course marshal on SATURDAY, MAY 21
REGISTER HERE to be a pace/support driver
PRELIMINARY DRIVER ASSIGNMENTS
We’re gearing up quickly for the race in April and our first order of business is to start gathering volunteer support for our May 21, 2016 event (see schedule). We have an exciting event week lined up that includes the Ride with the Pros, America’s largest road cycling race – the Tour of the Battenkill Pro/Am, the Open Gran Race gran fondo, and the Tour of the Battenkill Professional Invitational. In total, we’re expecting nearly 3000 participants from more than 40 States and 10 different countries in 2015!
As with all road cycling events, it can’t happen without volunteer support!
The vast majority of volunteers are road marshals and below are the general responsibilities:
• Direct & usher participants safely through various intersections on the course
• Work with law enforcement at intersections where a traffic right-of-way is being modified
• Communicate with race personnel
For a 6 hour commitment during the event, volunteer benefits include:
• Event t-shirt (a really cool one!)
• Volunteer training (in person, or by web/conference call for non-local volunteers)
• A new, roving volunteer hospitality service
On top of all that, we’re ready to announce the Group Reimbursement Program for Volunteers!
• For qualified 501c(3) not-for-profit organizations only
• $300 donation for every 10 volunteers provided per day, OR
• $550 for every 15 volunteers provided per day.
Each volunteer post is approximately 5 hours each day.